WRESTLER NAME: Donovan Alexander Maxwell (Stage Name: Donovan Cross)
ALIAS: "The Portland Psychopath" (Primary), "The Curse" (Secondary), "The New Cult King"
PICTURE BASE: Dave Crist
AGE: 31 (December 11, 1986)
HOMETOWN: Portland, Oregon
WEIGHT: 198 lbs
Donovan does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drives him to do. He's hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he's simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he's committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he's even worse.
WALK OUT MUSIC: "I Wanna Be Your Sin" by Children of October
1. 'Violent Night' – M.K. Ultra *Primary Finish*
2. 'Die On the Cross' – Razor's Edge (Extreme variations only; I.E. into turnbuckles, through tables, onto set-up chairs. etc) *Alternate; Big Match finish*
1. Fire Ball - Self-explanatory
2. 'Inverted Cross' – Running Crossbody (in the vein of Bray Wyatt)
3. 'The Damned' – Wheelbarrow Neckbreaker
4. 'The Amityville Horror' – Double Underhook Sitout Facebuster (the Angel's Wings)
5. 'Grave Consequences' – Powerbomb Lungblower
6. 'Against All Gods' – CrossRhodes (Generally only done during "Extreme" matches - and this move is done onto a pile of steel chairs)
Double Leg Slam
Drop-Toe Hold (Normally done onto set-up steel chair, ropes, into the corner or onto another weapon)
Lou Thez Press with Mounted Punches
Various stiff strikes (European Uppercuts, Headbutts, Chops, Forearms and punches primarily. Stiff kicks, think Pentagon Jr. style)
Vertical Suplex Powerbomb
Running Front Chopblock
OPT. ON THE GROUND
Snap Elbow Drop
Running Senton Splash
Repeating Knee Drops to opponent’s skull
Hard shots to opponent’s knee (esp. as it’s wrapped around ring post.)
Stiff kicks (Think Pentagon Jr.)
Diving Crossbody Splash (into the ring, or to the outside of the ring)
Elbow and Knee Drops from the middle rope
WRESTLING STYLE: A style that's traditionally described as Ultraviolent. He tends to break the rules often, using weapons and aggressive brawling tactics to overcome his opponent. Or, to injure them. Either or.
WEAPON OF CHOICE:
- Fire Ball. Sent directly to opponents face.
- Steel chain, wrapped around his fist or used as a whip.
- Baseball bat. Standard, black metal baseball bat that he sometimes carries with him.
- The ringbell and/or the hammer to aforementioned ringbell.
- Handcuffs. Not used as a melee weapon, but used to immobilize his opponent in order to unleash a more severe beating.
- Steel chairs. A necessity in professional wrestling.
IN-RING EXPERIENCE: 5 Years
1. NAME: Lio Godchaux
RELATION: Donovan is the oldest of the Maxwell children. His younger brother Lionidas Xavier Maxwell also is a wrestler (under the name of Lio Godchaux). The two team frequently but upon beginning their careers, they decided to use ring names as to not pigeon-hole themselves as a full-time tag team (thanks Hardy Boyz). Frequently, Lio will be present with Donovan on camera. (Picture base for Lio Godchaux is Jake Crist)
2. NAME: Violet Maxwell
RELATION: Donovan is married to Violet Maxwell (born Violet Quinn Reed). They initially met around the time Donovan and Lio began wrestling on the independent scene. The two began to date and quickly fell in love. She was never interested in becoming a professional wrestler - she was just a fan of the product. After he pushed her a little, she trained enough to be classified as a 'manager' now and again for Donovan. They married a few years after dating, and now Violet has recently found out she was pregnant. Violet will frequently appear on camera with Donovan, but will never be at ringside. (Picture base for Violet is Alysha Nett)
CHARACTER TRAINING: Donovan trained at the Oregon Wrestling Council's training academy. After that, he's picked up various tips of the trade via wrestlers he's encountered in his career.
the Oregon Wrestling Council
So Cal Ultraviolent
Portland Pro. Combat
Oregon Wrestling Council Tag Team Champions (x3) (w/ Lio Godchaux)
So Cal Ultraviolent TransPacific Champion
Portland Pro. Combat Ultraviolence Champion